|Job Title :||Emerging PS|
|Job Ref No :||24481-1469|
|Job Posted Date :||5/10/2018|
|Job State :||Pennsylvania|
|Job City :||Harrisburg|
|Who Can Apply :||US Citizens, GC, EAD, TN, H1B|
|No of Openings :||1|
|Skills Required :||,|
Job Description :
JOB ID: Emerging PS4 (531041).
Number of positions: 1
Interview: This requisition requires onsite in-person first round interviews only.
Note: Local candidates or candidates in the Harrisburg, PA region strongly preferred.
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Duration: 9/30/18 + extensions.
Years of relevant experience: 5 plus years.
Under general direction, designs, supports, maintains, and evaluates computer networking and server systems as Emerging Systems Engineer for Team A at The Server Farm.
This position will be primarily focused on Windows Server administration, along with supporting various other technologies. Will also be responsible for evaluating, preparing and recommending technical solutions, as well as troubleshooting complex problems with a wide variety of applications.
1. System management of PennDOT enterprise servers
A. Deploy servers and applications to meet needs of project teams.
B. Determines server sizing and configuration.
C. Assists in the development of configuration standards.
D. Monitors the availability of updates/upgrades, tests and installs updates/upgrades.
2. Works directly with PennDOT staff in coordination and deployment of projects.
A. Work with PennDOT partners and employees in deployment activities.
B. Works closely with Application Teams to deploy code/applications through multiple environments.
C. Attend meetings with PennDOT developers, users, and partners.
3. Perform proactive monitoring of enterprise systems
A. Monitors system performance and provides statistics to identify capacity or performance problems and makes technical recommendations for appropriate action.
B. Respond to alerts and resolve issues identified through monitoring tools.
4. Provides direct support for system issues.
A. Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
B. Responds to system related trouble calls including hardware and software.
C. Use software such as Remedy to report, track and resolve issues.
D. Places service calls for servers and network equipment.
E. Assists service providers in resolving service calls.
5. Perform related duties as required.
1. Minimum of a Bachelors degree in computer science or related field or equivalent as well as a minimum of 3 years of experience or Associates degree in computer science or related field and 4 years of experience.
2. Specific knowledge required in the following areas: Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems, VMware vSphere, Microsoft IIS.
3. Working knowledge of networking concepts and technologies including TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing.
4. Working knowledge of security concepts and technologies including PKI, certificate management, TLS/SSL and firewalls.
5. Strong virtualization experience using VMWare vSphere.
6. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
8. Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines and a willingness to work off hours as needed to accommodate maintenance windows.
9. Effective verbal communication skills are required to work with all levels of the organization including management, vendors, and various PennDOT personnel. Effective writing skills are required in order to document work performed.
10. Superior interpersonal and customer service skills required including ability to work effectively in a team environment. High level of proficiency in effective problem solving required. Working Conditions Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required. Work may require lifting equipment/supplies Work may require travel to and from the various PennDOT locations.
Question: First round, in-person interviews are required for this position. Do you accept these conditions?
Question: Client would prefer candidates local to the Harrisburg, PA Area. Do you understand?
Question: If you elect to, please provide your candidates e-mail address and phone number under Summary of Qualifications (seen in the Details tab). Did you do that?
Question: Resume wise, please do not include filler material (i.e. describing a companys core capabilities/description). Please only include relevant info (i.e. what was done at the job/project). Is this reflected in the resume?
quick Apply this job - It takes < 1 min to Apply!
|Job ID: Senior Tech Arch Specialist 1 (563603).Location: Dover, DEYears of Relevant Experience: 1- 5 years+I..|
|JOB ID: Legacy SME1 (529744).Number of positions: 1Interview: This requisition requires onsite in-person first r..|
|Job ID: Programmer Analyst 2 (562671).Location: Lansing, MIYears of experience: 7+ years’ experience.Durati..|
|Job ID: IT Security Engineer (557431).Location: Dimondale, MIYears of experience: 10+ years’ experience.Dur..|
|Job ID:Salesforce Programmer Analyst 2 (563225). Location: Lansing, MIYears of experience: 3 + years’ experience..|
|JOB ID: Infrastructure Solutions Architect 5 (563167).Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w..|
|Job ID: Software Test Analyst 3 (561561).Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (benefits ..|
|Job ID: Programmer Analyst 3 (559785)Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (benefits or n..|
|Job ID: Infrastructure Solutions Architect 5 (561209).Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w..|
|JOB ID: Senior Tech Arch Specialist 1 (561109).Location: Dover, DEYears of Relevant Experience: 5 years+Inte..|