||Hyperion Business Analyst
|Job Ref No:
|Job Posted Date:
Hope you are doing well. Please find the below requirement and do send me resume with contact details, availability, current location and expected rate.
Designation: Hyperion Business Analyst
Location: Cupertino, CA
Job Description :
- This role is that of a business/functional analyst in a data warehousing IT team.
- The IT team is responsible for inducting data into a Teradata data warehouse and making it available for reporting.
- Reporting tools include Hyperion Essbase.
- The functional analyst is the liaison between the business team and the technical team that does the design and development.
- The analyst will work with a Finance business team to understand business requirements.
- This could include helping them write up a Business Requirements Document.
- The analyst will translate this into a Functional Specification to be used by the technical team.
- Understand and analyze the problems/issues faced by business, communicate to IS&T.
- Understand the technical solution and constraints faced by IS&T, communicate to Business.
- Negotiate alternate timelines with Business and IS&T.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to create Keynote/PowerPoint presentations.
- Make updates to a business-facing wiki / intranet web site.
Functional and Data analysis
- Good understanding of data warehousing and dimensional data.
- Perform data analysis pertinent to the business problem. Expand knowledge of Apples data over time.
- Propose high level solutions for business problems.
- Document business problem and proposed solution in a BRD or functional spec.
- Attend design reviews conducted by technical team and ensure that business requirements are being met.
- Create test plan and test scenarios, execute test cases to ensure that business requirements were met correctly.
- (Nice to have) Understanding of the Finance area - Sales Finance, R&D Finance, Operations Finance etc.
Tools and Technologies
- Intermediate level proficiency in SQL and Hyperion Essbase as an analyst/tester.
- Be able to build SQL queries and simple Webi queries/reports to help with testing and regression testing.
- Has worked on data population projects where a data warehouse was populated with data from transactional systems.
- Team player (very important).
- Be able to work independently with little supervision.
VST Consulting INC
|Share This Job: