|Job Title :||Java App Developer Journeyman|
|Job Ref No :||24481-1349|
|Job Posted Date :||3/9/2018|
|Job State :||District of Columbia|
|Job City :||Washington|
|Who Can Apply :||US Citizens, GC, EAD, TN, H1B|
|No of Openings :||1|
|Skills Required :||,|
Job Description :
Job ID: Java App Developer Journeyman (530223).
Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (benefits or no benefits) or must have a LLC limited liability corporation.
Location: Washington, DC
Years of experience: 10+ years experience.
Duration: 9/30/18 +
Number of positions: 1
DCPS is seeking an experienced Student Information Systems (Aspen SIS preferably) Application Dev. 6-10 years of experience. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
DCPS is seeking an experienced Application Developer who values and produces clean, well-thought, and standards-compliant code.
The developer is expected to review design specifications, create, configure, and customize complex enterprise business applications in accordance with the DCPS Enterprise Applications & Data Systems (EADS) application lifecycle development standards: write code, perform unit testing, package and deploy solutions. In addition to designing to fill a particular set of requirements, they will also balance immediate needs with future direction and ensure that work for one project can be leveraged for other purposes as much as possible.
Additional areas of focus include data integration services in support to data extraction from various student information systems into the data warehouse. On top of technical skills, they must have a strong sense of curiosity as a critical part of the role will be to help come up with the future long-term vision for EADS in DCPS and contribute to plan out what should be built to implement that vision.
1. Works with Business Analyst and Solution Architect understand development and customization needs
2. Support configuration team in front end modification, workflow and notification configuration.
3. Rapid development of proof of concept
4. Write code and procedures aligned with DCPS requirements.
5. Trouble shoots complex code.
6. Create scripts and queries to enable data integration between various student data systems.
7. Creates user-friendly technical documentation to enrich knowledge base.
8. Maintains clean and elegant code as well as ensures up to date code repository.
9. Investigates new technologies and suggests new solutions to business problems.
10. Evaluate software to determine the level that it meets the needs of the business today and in the future (design, extendibility, flexibility, integration, utilizes generic business objects/components etc.).
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
1. Required: 6+ years of professional experience
3. Required: 2+ API protocols and tools such as JSON, XML, Ajax etc.
5. Required: Experience with ETL approaches, concepts, and tools
7. Required: Keen sense of maximizing return on investment, focusing on the 80% solutions rather than a fruitless quest for perfection
8. Required: Strong attention to detail and the ability to translate high level technical and business initiatives and goals into discrete tasks and specific timelines
9. Required: Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to actively listen and draw out the true needs rather than the stated wants of any given stakeholder
10. Required: Superb problem solving skills and troubleshooting abilities
11. Required: Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
12. Required: Strong focus on teamwork and developing the skills of DCPS colleagues both technical and non-technical
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
2. Researches, tests, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
3. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
4. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
5. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
6. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
7. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
8. Acts as team leader on projects.
9. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
10. Participates in development of software user manuals.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
Question: Absences greater than two weeks MUST be approved by CAI management in advance, and contact information must be provided to CAI so that the resource can be reached during his or her absence. The Client has the right to dismiss the resource if he or she does not return to work by the agreed upon date. Do you accept this requirement?
Question: Please list candidates email address that will be used when submitting E-RTR.
Question: There are no reimbursable expenses. Do you accept this requirement?
Question: Candidate must be able to start within 21 days of accepting the offer including all compliance items.
quick Apply this job - It takes < 1 min to Apply!
|IBM ODM Tech LeadLocation: Detroit, MIDuration: 12 Months Job Description :• 7 Years of IT experienc..|
|AS400 DeveloperLocation: Phoenix , AZ Durcation: 6+ Months Job Description :• 5+years of ..|
|• Strong BA skills - Requirement gathering, analysis and documentation, document business rules and User stories• Ru..|
|Java production support Location: Chicago, ILJob Description To provide Production suppor..|
|Need hands on Informatica Developer OR Lead or ArchitectRachin NegiMatrix Technology Group, Inc"Cert..|
|Hi ,Hope everything is going well at your end.please find the below position and let me know if you Suit..|
|We are looking for motivated OPT consultants to join VoxTech for free training and placement services.We committ..|
|VoxTech in looking for bright OPT Students for Training and placement services.We are committed to provide free best..|
|HI,ORACLE PL SQLHARTFORT,CTLong TermDOEJob Details: Must Have Skills (Top 3 tech..|
|• Need a work soft Consultant with experience in 1 or 2 implementation and configuration of Work Soft.• Understand T..|