||Senior DB2 DBA
|Job Ref No:
|Job Posted Date:
I have a very urgent Direct Client requirement.
Role: - Senior DB2 DBA
Location: - Warren- NJ
Duration: - 12 + months
No. of Positions: - 06
Rate: - DOE
• The focus of this technology role will include
• Working closely with the development Team and Architecture teams to design maintainable and performance solutions.
• Working closely with production support day to day activity and for troubleshooting and resolving DB2 related problems.
• Process monitoring and provide recommendations for improvements.
• Reducing Total Cost of Ownership by optimizing queries and keeping a watch on ongoing performance.
• 5+ years of experience with DB2 for z/OS (mainframe) V8 and V9
• 5+ years of experience with MVS-z/OS environment
• Expertise in writing complex SQL queries and plan EXPLAIN output analyzes
• Experience in coding SQL queries (static and dynamic) and DB2 monitoring tools.
• Expert in JCL, application programs performance monitoring and tuning
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving DB2 related problems of a complex nature
• In depth knowledge IBM DB2 utilities (COPY, REORG, RUNSTATS, etc.)
• Hands on data sharing and table partitioning
• Must monitor application performance and provide recommendations for improvements
• Must be able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple concurrent efforts
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be a team player
• Data modeling experience is a plus
• Development experience is a plus
• Java experience is a plus
• IBM DB2 certifications are desirable
• Exposure to full project lifecycle in delivering complex enterprise class solutions
• Exposure to environments using – J2EE 1.4/1.5/1.6
• Exposure to IBM Web Sphere Application Server v6.x/v7.x
• Hands-on experience with UNIX based systems (Solaris, Linux)
Akshay Kumar (AK)
Compunnel Software Group, Inc.
|Share This Job: