||SQL Server Developer
|Job Ref No:
|Job Posted Date:
Position : SQL Server Developer with 2 yrs DBA
Location: Irving, TX
Duration : 6+ Months
Rate : $45/hr C2C
Responsibilities: Perform BI & cubes support, SQL Server database administration, production releases & deployment, handling of production issues/validation, code reviews for security, IR resolution and business interaction. Understand BI strategy/processes for Operations, Technical architecture for BI environment, Hardware requirements, DBMS requirements, Middleware requirements, Network requirements, Server configurations, Client configurations, Estimate costs for technical components. Round the clock monitoring of Jobs that are running in production and taking necessary action when there are issues. Handling of Business Intelligence Support (Ensuring on time delivery of executive dashboard metrics, cube processing, creation of partitions, Cleanup of Logs/retired DBs). Analyzing and performance tuning of daily running jobs in production. Re-design & develop the jobs when there is a better way of getting the things done. Handling of Informatica PowerCenter enhancements and production code drops.
Required Skill Set:
• Masters degree with 6+ years of professional experience in working with data warehousing environment
• 4-5 years of experience in development of multidimensional data warehouses with SQL Server Stack - SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2005/2008, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005/2008, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2005/2008, MS SQL Server 2005/2008
• Understanding of, and experience in, relational data warehouse modeling including Star-Schema and snow-Flake schema designs and dimensional and fact table modeling concepts.
• Experience designing cubes, optimizing for build efficiency, optimizing for query efficiency, working directly within the BIDS interface, and working with it programmatically
• Expertise in multidimensional databases with demonstrated ability to create calculated members and MDX scripting and SQL querying skills in an Oracle environment.
• 2+ years of experience in SQL Server Database Administration
• 6+ years of experience in working with Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
• Experience in Oracle development and performance tuning related to large data volume
• 3+ years of experience in Production Support
Desired/Nice to have Skill set (in addition to the Required Sill Set mentioned above):
• 4-5 years of strong experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and deployment of ETL jobs using Informatica PowerCenter 8.x/7.x
• 3+ years of working experience in UNIX environment and be able to write medium-complex shell scripts.
• Good experience working with Visual Studio.Net, C#
• Working experience in Telecom Data Warehouse
• Experience in SharePoint excel services
• Working experience with scheduling tools like Appworx, Tidal Enterprise Scheduler.
Sr. Resource Manager | Talent Search Group – TSG | Yasmesoft, Inc
|Share This Job: