||technical support analyst
|Job Ref No:
|Job Posted Date:
|| rate : open
Technical Support Analyst II will configure, install, monitor, and maintain users desktop software and hardware; supports mobile workforce. May provide consultation to users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems software. Provides technical support and guidance through Tier 2 support and works with vendors to resolve Tier 3 issues. Contributes to documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines. May provide on-the-spot guidance to users. Maintains and documents desktop application packages, participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages, and implements prototypes. Gather business requirements from end users on the selection of hardware and software products to address business requirements. Participate in territory technical projects.
- Respond to user and/or technical problems providing support as needed.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on desktop computing equipment.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate end user IT equipment, providing technical direction to users and recommendations on improved utilization.
- Review records and document reports of production, machine malfunctions, and maintenance as well as organizational, procedural, and workflow plans and methods.
- Adhere to standard operations, policies and service level standards, ensuring compliance.
- Install, configure, and maintain end user hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Prepare metrics, activity and progress reports regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Provide on call support
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
A minimum of one year experience in the support of a desktop computing environment.
Ability to communicate effectively through both written and verbal communication at all levels.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills
The position requires knowledge of:
Personal desktop computing and advanced office automation technology.
Understanding of Local and Wide Area network computing preferred.
Microsoft Windows 2000 & XP, including configurations to support desktop and laptop workstations, peripherals, and related devices.
Microsoft Office Automation software, including Office XP, and related MS business software such as Visio and Project.
Hands on experience with operating and applications software installation on desktop and laptop workstations, configuration of peripherals, and local area network troubleshooting.
|Share This Job: