|Job Title :||Wireless Network Engineer - Level 2|
|Job Ref No :||24481-1295|
|Job Posted Date :||2/9/2018|
|Job State :||District of Columbia|
|Job City :||Washington|
|Who Can Apply :||US Citizens, GC, EAD, TN, H1B|
|No of Openings :||1|
|Skills Required :||,|
Job Description :
Job ID: Wireless Network Engineer - Level 2.(#526583)
Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (benefits or
no benefits) or must have a LLC -limited liability corporation.
Location: Washington, DC
Years of experience: 5-7+ years experience.
Duration: 09/30/18 +
Number of positions: 1
A minimum of 6 years experience in wireless design, deployment and
1. Site Surveys - Conduct site surveys at proposed locations with
emphasis on the following key factors - RF Analysis, proximity to fiber
infrastructure, evaluation of internal and external building structure for
indoor and outdoor wireless Access Point installation, identification of
power and networking equipment.
2. Design - prepare wireless design packages and bill of material
as per OCTOs standard,
3. Deployment - configure and deploy critical wireless network
and infrastructure as per the design document and standard.
4. Operation - Participate in the daily operational
activities/provide day-to-day analysis and proactive maintenance; perform
daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all
hardware, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs,
and verifying completion of scheduled jobs; utilize experience, technical
knowledge and skills to identify and optimize capacity and performance
issues for highest service availability and integrity, gather necessary
information on bug fixes, patches and vulnerabilities to routinely maintain
the wireless infrastructure.
5. Troubleshooting - identify and resolve wireless connectivity
issues, performing independent complex wireless network systems
6. Field support - work closely with peers and cross functional
teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues at customer locations.
7. On-Call - As a primary or secondary support staff participate
in the 24x7 on-call rotation and associated incident/problem resolution,
periodic communication update, remediation plans, tickets closure, etc.
8. Other Responsibilities - plan, coordinate, and monitor project
activities; create, update and close remedy tickets; assess risks and
impacts arising from a business disruption and make decisions and determine
actions independently and expediently to eliminate those risks and ensure
continuity of business; research emerging technologies in wireless
communications and maintain up-to-date knowledge on vendors and their
product lines; formulate and establish best practices and standards for
enterprise wireless network environments; must be available for after hour
project implementations, hardware installations, and configuration changes,
other duties as assigned.
* 5-7 years applicable experience in wireless network
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and
* Possess in-depth knowledge of wireless local area networks and
WLAN project experience.
* Clear understanding of IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi standards
and related components is required
* Clear understanding of RADIUS Authentication and Captive
* Experience with Cisco wireless technology.
* Ability to configure Cisco routers and switches for wireless
* Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies.
* Must be able to interact well in a team environment.
* Ability to follow a detailed workflow process and comply with
all change management procedures and policy.
* Experience delivering detailed design diagrams, complete
technical documentation, and develop change scripts, using various tools
such as MS Excel, MS Power Point, and MS Visio.
* Experience with different OS and server technologies is a
* CCNA Routing and Switching required, CCNP preferred.
* CCNA Wireless Required, CCNP Wireless preferred.
* The position may require climbing ladder and lifting up to 50
CONTRACT LABOR CATEGORY DESCRIPTION
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and
procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and
documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases,
real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent
Question: Absences greater than two weeks MUST be approved by CAI
management in advance, and contact information must be provided to CAI so
that the resource can be reached during his or her absence. The Client has
the right to dismiss the resource if he or she does not return to work by
the agreed upon date. Do you accept this requirement?
Question: Please list candidates email address that will be used when
Question: There are no reimbursable expenses. Do you accept this
quick Apply this job - It takes < 1 min to Apply!
|Minimum Qualifications: • 3+ years’ application administration and implementation experience in a high usage, high prof..|
|Job ID: SOC Analyst -Tier 2 (529047).Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (benefits or<b..|
|JOB ID: Programmer Analyst 6 (527487).Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (benefits or n..|
|Job ID: Business Systems Enterprise Arch (528783).Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (b..|
|Job ID: Applications Developer Senior (Java) (526517).Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-..|
|Job ID: App Sec Assessment Eng. (528312)Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (benefits or..|
|Job ID: Test Engineer- Journeyman (528315).Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (benefits..|
|JOB ID: Sr. Web Services/Interfaces Developer (527861).Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w..|
|Job ID: Sr. Voice Engineer Level 6 (527870).Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (benefit..|
|JOB ID: Sr. Level Java DeveloperLocation: Portland, Oregon. (For positions in Portland, OR try to findcandidate..|